BLOG PODCAST ARCHIVES LINKS

 

 

 

 

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

American Conservative Web Ring
Members List
Previous - Next
Random - Join
Previous 5 - Next 5

Site Meter

 

 

 

Powered by Blogger

 

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Affirmative Action: the Investigation (1)

Yesterday I read a pamphlet about a section of our schools that caught my attention.

OHTS does not discriminate in its education and employment programs on the basis of age, race color, national origin, gender, handicap, religion, and marital or parental status and complies with Title IX of the education amendments of 1972, Title VI of the civil rights act of 1964, section 504 of the rehabilitation act of 1973, and the Americans with disabilities act of 1990. Inquiries regarding title VI, title IX, 504, or ADA may be made to the Affirmative Action officer, OHTS.

These people are saying they will not discriminate, but I am under the impression that they will go out of their way to treat these people nicer than the average white man.

For those of you who don't know Affirmative Action is when you basically treat everyone but the average white man better, because you think they deserve something.

Now this whole thing has to do with a special portion of the school where you have to be accepted into the classes based on grades, attendance, and an interview. But they add a secret thing in there called affirmative action, and it takes people like me to find it. If you're normal, you have to have good grades, attendance, and a good interview. But if you're disabled, or gay, or black, then you'll get in the class no matter what.

When I brought up the subject yesterday few people believed me so I've started an investigation. So far this is what I've got.

I obtained the sign up sheet for these classes, where you put down some of your information so you can get added to the list to be interviewed.

Of course it asks for names addresses and phone numbers, but some of the questions caught my eye.

Sex:

Race:

Are you a Single Parent: (asked to the parents of course)

Remember this part of the pamphlet:

OHTS does not discriminate in its education and employment programs on the basis of age, race color, national origin, gender, handicap, religion, and marital or parental status

So if they aren't going to discriminate, then why do they need this kind of information? Not for the interview. Not for contact information. For Affirmative Action.

They want to know this so if you are of a minority or different race, then you'll get in the class no matter what.

I've got one other piece of information.

I know a person who is disabled (has no arms or legs) who got into one of these classes in his Freshman year. The troubling part is that you aren't supposed to take these classes until you're a sophomore, under no exceptions. Except Affirmative Action of course.

That's all I've got from my investigation so far. In the coming weeks I'll be doing some interviews, collecting more information, getting more proof, facts, explanations, and more.

To be Continued...

20 Comments:

  • At 12/10/05 6:25 PM, Blogger Allisoni Balloni said…

    I can't imagine that this person you know got into the class solely because of his disability. It's valid to argue Affirmative Action on a larger scale, but in this case I'm not seeing a strong case.

     
  • At 12/10/05 7:31 PM, Blogger Cody O'Connor said…

    That's why I'm still investigating. It's suspicious so I'm going to get to the bottom of it, and if I'm wrong I'll say so.

     
  • At 12/10/05 10:54 PM, Blogger Allisoni Balloni said…

    Is there a reason that this specific instance is such a problem? Have you been personally turned down so that someone of a different race or someone with a handicap could be accepted? Just wondering.

     
  • At 13/10/05 12:05 AM, Blogger Gayle said…

    I don't know about Cody, but I do know what happened to me.

    I worked for Civil Service once, back in the early 70's, in a management position. I was in charge of payrolls; ie., finance, paying the military. I needed to hire a secretary. I was told that "it had to be a black secretary" in order to meet a "quota." Okay, swell. Only problem was, all the applicants were white and I wasn't allowed to hire them. Finally, after I was about to go out of my mind, a black applicant came in, and even though her references, and her attitude were awful, I was desperate so I hired her. Well, things got so bad, I finally was allowed to fire her. Then another black woman was hired and she was wonderful. In the meantime, many white women who needed jobs never got the opportunity because they were white. Now, does that seem fair to anyone?!!!!!

     
  • At 13/10/05 6:16 AM, Blogger Cody O'Connor said…

    Allisoni Baloni: I haven't, but I want to make sure it's not happening to anyone else. Like I said, I could be wrong, but I want to find out what's going on here.

     
  • At 13/10/05 2:52 PM, Blogger Gayle said…

    Off subject Cody, but thought you might like to know DeLay has subpoenaed Ronnie Earl. I've only heard this on the Central Texas local news and nowhere else. The article is posted at My Republican Blog.

     
  • At 13/10/05 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    gameguy22006 said...
    Off topic: Would you boys care to discuss GW's newly issued 39% approval rating. Didn't think so.

    Sure I'll talk about it. 39% is damn good for a president. This happens all the time. Look, his dad had 90% once. Then he had about what W has now. Don't think that its not a normal thing in a presidency. I'll bet Clinton's went down the toilet after Lewinskygate. Would you like to talk about THAT?

     
  • At 14/10/05 10:09 AM, Blogger Gayle said…

    I certainly don't care to discuss it because I don't believe the polls. Doesn't matter to me whether they are good or bad. I don't believe in them, period.

    Back to the subject at hand: My daughter's college education is going to cost me 26,000 per year. Her friend, another artistic genius, gets to attend the same college for free, because his parents don't have any money. Well, not free, exactly: we taxpayers are going to pay for it. So, I pay for her education and the taxpayers pay for his. I don't know whether his being black has anything to do with it or not. And before all you liberals come out hollering that I am being selfish, I am not. I want him to go to college and am glad he gets to go. I'm showing this as an example of what Cody is talking about. If we didn't have the money to send her through hard work and investments throughout the years, would she still be able to go to college for free, even though she's white? That's what I'm unsure of.

     
  • At 14/10/05 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All talk gameguy, all talk. You'll see.

     
  • At 14/10/05 9:42 PM, Blogger Cody O'Connor said…

    Dark, it looks like that guy from Argentina, Diego is back. Look at the comments in my article borders, borders, borders (the one at this blog)

     
  • At 14/10/05 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Check out the comment at the bottem that I made.

     
  • At 15/10/05 1:13 AM, Blogger Allisoni Balloni said…

    Gayle--are you paying $26,000 to send your daughter to a public university? That seems like an awful lot, unless you're out of state. If it's a private university, though, I'm sure you already know that taxpayers do not pay for those campuses or tuitions, as that's why it's so expensive.

     
  • At 15/10/05 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks Gayle. To Cody: If you look at the policy handbook for school there are some referances to affirmetive action laws. You might want to check that out.

     
  • At 15/10/05 1:17 PM, Blogger Cody O'Connor said…

    Thanks Robby, I'll have an update in a little bit.

     
  • At 15/10/05 1:35 PM, Blogger Cody O'Connor said…

    ummm, I don't see anything Robby. What pages are you looking at?

     
  • At 15/10/05 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The first page of the POLICY handbook.

     
  • At 15/10/05 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Its legal stuff.

     
  • At 17/10/05 10:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Sure I'll talk about it. 39% is damn good for a president. This happens all the time. Look, his dad had 90% once. Then he had about what W has now. Don't think that its not a normal thing in a presidency. I'll bet Clinton's went down the toilet after Lewinskygate. Would you like to talk about THAT?

    Open mouth, insert foot.

    Clintons approval rating was over 70% the DAY he went to impeachment proceedings.

    LINK

     
  • At 17/10/05 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Phantom_Driver said...
    Interestingly, Fox News Opinion Dynamics poll just half hour ago had favorable rating at 48 percent plus/minus 4 points, so that actually could be 52 percent.

    Remember, the much-vaunted Zogby poll was COMPLETELY wrong on the eve of the election, as were the phony exit polls CBS kept shilling.

    Besides, Bush has the power for 3 more years. Ain't no steeeking poll gonna change that, Jose.

    More BS from the left.

    Phantom


    Oh, come on... Fox viewers are.. um... what's the word... REPUBLICANS!?

    So you take a poll and it's pretty obvious the results are going to be tilted ever so slightly to the right.

    Here's a poll for you...Who's more likely to be caught performing a 'Monica' on W... Hannity or O'Reilly?

     
  • At 18/10/05 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    anyomus said: Oh, come on... Fox viewers are.. um... what's the word... REPUBLICANS!?

    So you take a poll and it's pretty obvious the results are going to be tilted ever so slightly to the right.

    Oh, and what about CNN, ABC, CBS and every other TV network. All leftists! Don't pull the "Fox News is Conservative!" crap. We all know that, just as CNN is liberal.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home