BLOG PODCAST ARCHIVES LINKS

 

 

 

 

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

American Conservative Web Ring
Members List
Previous - Next
Random - Join
Previous 5 - Next 5

Site Meter

 

 

 

Powered by Blogger

 

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The Schools are Going Left

So I was reading a little sidenote on the bottom of a pamphlet for our school, this is what it said.

OHTS does not discriminate in its education and employment programs on the basis of age, race color, national origin, gender, handicap, religion, and marital or parental status and complies with Title IX of the education ammendments of 1972, Title VI of the civil rights act of 1964, section 504 of the rehabilitation act of 1973, and the americans with disabilities act of 1990. Inquiries regarding title VI, title IX, 504, or ADA may be made to the Affirmative Action officer, OHTS.

So what does this mean? It means a lot of things. It starts out saying it won't discriminate people, then it says questions can be answered by the affirmative action officer. Affirmative action is discrimination in my opinion because you are treating people better based on race, gender, religion, etc. So they are being Liberal oxymorons because they are saying they won't discriminate anyone, but they will go out of their way to make them feel better because they are different.

Now this whole thing has to do with a special portion of the school where you have to be accepted into the classes based on grades, attendance, and an interview. But they add a secret thing in there called affirmative action, and it takes people like me to find it. If you're normal, you have to have good grades, attendance, and a good interview. But if you're disabled, or gay, or black, then you'll get in the class no matter what.

This is the first step of the schools going Liberal and it is truely disgusting to me.

4 Comments:

  • At 11/10/05 5:40 PM, Blogger Allisoni Balloni said…

    Affirmative Action is interesting. Now, I am not supporting or bashing it, but I am wondering about some statistics on it. The fact of the matter is that schools, especially colleges, want to graduate their students. They want to admit students who they know can be successful with their campus and curriculum. Now, I know that affirmative action is practiced in some places, but are they really just ignoring smart people and letting in the dumb ones because of their race, religion, etc.? From what I udnerstand that isn't the case, and even though it could be considered discrimination, I still feel that reputable colleges want successful students, and a little diversity. Also, I think it was misinterpretted what the pamphlet was trying to say. They are saying that they do not refuse people because of their race, religion, gender, etc., and that if you feel you have been wronged on that basis, you should contact the person in charge (The Affirmative Action Officer) of making sure those factors are not used against you. I could be wrong, but it certainly doesn't scream "liberal," "oxymoron," or "contradictory" to me.

     
  • At 11/10/05 7:08 PM, Blogger Gayle said…

    This is a first! I agree with Allisoni! Trumpets please...
    I know for a fact that colleges want to graduate their students, and whenever possible, with honors.

    I'm not so certain, however, about public schools. Well, hold it Gayle. (Sorry, I'm talking to myself.) They have to do well, because of the TAKS test and such, and if they turn out a lot of kids failing the test, then they don't get the funding required to keep the school going. So possibly, Cody, you may be reading something into this that isn't there... and possibly not. It's just a little too vague. It does, however, show your curiosity and observational skills, which are impressive!

     
  • At 12/10/05 2:09 PM, Blogger Cody O'Connor said…

    I'm not over reacting, I've got more proof now and I'm doing an updated article soon, and in the coming weeks I'll be doing some interviews which I'll hopefully get on here via audioblogger. Once I've got everything I'll throw it all together in one big essay.

    I'm going to get to the bottom of this.

     
  • At 12/10/05 11:55 PM, Blogger Gayle said…

    You go, Cody! I'm looking forward to it. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home