BLOG PODCAST ARCHIVES LINKS

 

 

 

 

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

American Conservative Web Ring
Members List
Previous - Next
Random - Join
Previous 5 - Next 5

Site Meter

 

 

 

Powered by Blogger

 

Friday, August 19, 2005

Political correctness: too correct for comfort

Who is behind all of this craziness! The Indians I mean "native Americans" are apparently getting offended by basketball team names like the "seminals". No they're not! The Indians... Excuse me "native Americans" actually are honored to have the basketball team use their name. They have no problem with it at all! Now this is just enough, if I called some one "brave" no Indian... Sorry "native American" will be offended. Maybe if I called them a stupid Indian they would be offended. But we're not are we, we have no intent to offend, they're not offended, so what's the problem!

But if you think it ends there... No it gets even better. Say your selling real estate, whatever you do NEVER say that there is a great view of the lake, or the woods. Apparently that offends blind people.

Well I've got something to say about the people who get offend for other people. Why don't you talk to a Native American. Why don't you talk to a blind person. Until you do that you need to shut the heck up!

4 Comments:

  • At 23/8/05 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you want to look at mine around Columbus day I'll be posting about that kind of thing.

     
  • At 23/8/05 12:01 PM, Blogger Cody O'Connor said…

    See thats what you think. The Native Americans are in no way offended by a basket ball team. You sir are being offended by proxy. Please all I ask is that you actually talk to one before you get offended for one.

     
  • At 23/8/05 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Look, as a big sports fan, I listen to lots of sports talk on the radio. They were taking calls from several Native Americans who were offended by this. And have you talked to any to verify that they aren't offended by this?

     
  • At 23/8/05 12:10 PM, Blogger Cody O'Connor said…

    I know a few people with native American backgrounds. I've never heard a complaint out of them. Yes I'm sure there are some people out there that are offended, but they are a minority, not the majority. But my main point is that they are not intending to offend anyone, so I don't see why anyone should be offended.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home