BLOG PODCAST ARCHIVES LINKS

 

 

 

 

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

American Conservative Web Ring
Members List
Previous - Next
Random - Join
Previous 5 - Next 5

Site Meter

 

 

 

Powered by Blogger

 

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Violence in video games

As a gamer myself this is a topic that I can really get into. First off people like the lawyer Jack Thompson (who dosen't know anything about the games he's putting down) will call games "violence training tools". No. They're games, nothing more, nothing less. Now I do beleive that kids shouldn't be able to get their hands on M rated games, but they should not take them off the shelves. Games are treated unfairly compared to other forms of media like violent movies or rap music where they talk about guns, drugs, hoes, sex, and swear every five seconds. But no, blame it on the games. So my point is if your going to complain about video games, stop, complain about other forms of media too, and get the facts right. Yeah I'm talking about you Jack Thompson you liar.

8 Comments:

  • At 23/8/05 5:37 PM, Blogger PlaidBaron said…

    Your absolutly right on this. In fact I read an article just the other day about how games in the long run were educational and challenged the mind. I like your site. Keep it up.

     
  • At 23/8/05 6:24 PM, Blogger Cody O'Connor said…

    Thanks for the kind words.

     
  • At 24/8/05 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, if someone kills someone like in a video game then whose fault is it? The kid's! People would take the responsibility off the kid and onto a corparation that has every right to make a violent game if they want.

     
  • At 24/8/05 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I totally agree.The most violent thing in Video games is blood.there's no sex(except for Hot Cofee),no heads being cut off,No Killing children,no executions,I've never heard the N word.I think games such as medal of Honor and Grand Theft Auto are educational,although highlighy violent.These 50- year old polliticans need to shut up,they never played Video Games.

     
  • At 24/8/05 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    While I can't pretend to like GTA it doesn't mean I'd sue it for some punk shooting a police officer. That's what lethel injection is for.

     
  • At 24/8/05 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Regarding previous, I didn't mean to lethaly inject the cop of course. I meant the kid. Just in case people read that wrong.

     
  • At 28/8/05 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pour the Hot coffee down hillary clinton's Vigina.

     
  • At 29/8/05 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No wonder you stay anonymus. That kind of thing gives liberals a reason to trash us conservatives.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home